Welcome to Budburst 2018! We are so excited that you want to join us.
Below is everything you need to know about taking part in Budburst on Sunday 11 November 2018 and how to register your interest.
Our festival technical specifications are guidelines for both festival organisers and producers to define what wines embody the transparency and sustainability that Budburst is built on.
Each large table can accommodate up to five wines, (three wines for a small table) of these at least one must meet the gold standard specification as an example of the intention and goal of full natural winemaking. All other wines must meet the minimum standard stipulated in our principles document.
A lot goes into organising Budburst. The festival is funded through a combination of ticket sales, sponsorship and producer buy in. Your buy-in includes two tickets to give away to your community, refreshments and food during the festival provided by us, handling of all stock logistics prior to the event plus all permits and licenses covered by us.
We do require the following from participating producers:
1) a fee of $700 for a large table with 5 wines or $350 for a small table with 3 wines. These fees help cover costs and expenses for the event.
2) at least one representative from each producer to pour the wines and talk about them on the day from 10am until 5pm.
3) to cover their own accommodation costs and transport to the event
4) to provide the tasting stock for the event which you will pour in the producer's room.
5) social media and mailing list support to supplement our own marketing efforts.
Still want to join us? Superb!
Please note that wine distributors are only able to represent one producer. Additional producers need to be there to represent themselves.