The Budburst natural wine festival is based on five main principles:
- Wine starts in the vineyard. We believe that natural wine can not be made from conventionally farmed fruit so we ask all our producers to verify that they grow their grapes organically or biodynamically.
- Let the time & place shine through. In the winery we ask for minimal intervention, let the quality of the fruit, site and season speak for themselves.
- Naturally delicious. We love delicious, well-made wines. Weird for weird's sake is not our bag, the wine also has to be good. Natural is the philosophy, quality is the aim.
- Always learning, always curious. Education is at the heart of everything we do. The festival is designed to pique your curiosity and stir up debate, we're not here to preach or convert.
- It's all for the love of wine. Budburst is a not-for-profit festival run by a passionate group of volunteers. The producers we pull together and the wines they show light us up and we want to share them with the world.